Regularly receiving fertility massage provides many benefits for the reproductive system. Some of the benefits include:
- May helps to reposition a tilted uterus
- Helps to promotes hormonal balance
- Helps to break up scar tissue
- Helps to reduce stress & stress hormones
The massage includes the following:
- Cranial Sacral Techniques
- Jaw and TMJ Release work to open the mouth, viewed as reflex areas for the hips and deep pelvis.
- Castor Oil Hot Packs: Includes abdominal massage to support circulation in the digestive system.
- Pelvic Friction: May break up adhesions at or near the reproductive organs.
- Reflexology for Fertility: May stimulate hormonal glands and reproductive areas.
- Acupressure: Supports the bladder meridians to open the channel for conception support. Acupressure comes from Traditional Chinese Medicine based on the same ideas as acupuncture, but without the needles. It involves applying pressure to a specific point on the body to bring greater balance and circulation.
- Myofascial Release: Technique that helps to release the fascial tissue that surrounds organs and muscles. This tissue can become twisted and adhered over time.
- With all alternative and complimentary healthcare, the client should consult their own healthcare provider. This is not intended to replace any other traditional healthcare that the client is receiving.
- When to schedule your session: Between last day of your period until ovulation.
- When to avoid scheduling: While you are menstruating, and if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Transition to Prenatal Massage once you find out you are pregnant
- If you have health issues consult with your physician before beginning Fertility Massage.
ONCOLOGY MASSAGE & BODYWORK
Oncology Massage benefits cancer patients both physically and emotionally. Oncology Massage supports those with a history of cancer, newly diagnosed with cancer, and those living with cancer to end of life care. Modifications are made to each session based on cancer diagnosis, staging, surgery, blood counts, chemotherapy and radiation. Each session is customized with you, so it may be safe and effective. Modifications may include: pressure, session length, positioning, and speed of session.
PRENATAL / PREGNANCY MASSAGE & BODYWORK
Pregnancy / Prenatal Massage aims to alleviate discomforts associated with pregnancy and support the client where she is at during her pregnancy. Massage is applicable for all trimesters.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Increases flexibility
- Eases constipation, gas and heartburn
- Reduces swelling
- Aids in postural support
- General relaxation
- Reduces anxiety
POSTPARTUM MASSAGE & BODYWORK
As mom adjusts to healing her body during her postpartum time, 4th trimester and beyond, massage will support her body during transitions, and healing.
- Ease muscle aches and fatigue
- Relieves upper back, back, shoulder tension- from breast or bottle feeding
- Support muscle attachments in hips, pelvis, and back to support realignment
- Reduce swelling
- Myofascial Technique for Scar tissue work post cesarean section
- Infant can be present for massage